Saturday, December 22, 2012

For these last 2 1/2 years, my blog has been a place for me to vent my feelings, to chart my journey towards a healthier way of looking at life and living it... I've expressed many complicated emotions and thoughts during this time and I've talked about sensitive issues such as struggling with Post-traumatic stress disorder. Now I find myself increasingly moving onto more tangible things, solving day-to-day issues, getting my foundations in order... Life is becoming more concrete for me: it's not a dense fog anymore, where I'm cautiously trying to feel my way out, trying not to trip on the broken branches. I'm in a more solid place now--not so much in my head as before, and I'm able to see everything around me more clearly. (Not just because of the glasses....)

2012 has been a good year for me. Not easy by any means... I've faced many unforeseen challenges, the likes of which I haven't dared to face before. But I'm very proud of the work I have done. When you're trying to catch up with the rest of the world and attempting to grow up to be an adult at 33, there is not a lot of time for rest and idling. When I started on this journey a couple of years ago, my emotional age was 14. And I ain't kidding. I've come a long way.

2013 will see me releasing a new album, getting comfortable in my rediscovered artist self and introducing you to what has musically been bubbling under all of these blog posts. I think you will be presented with a whole other side of the story... I feel like this is a new beginning for me as an artist--finally on my own terms. And as I continue to learn more skills in the coming years and trust my craft more and more, I am convinced that my best work is yet to come. For the first time in my life, I look forward to the rest of my time on this Earth, as I know that I can grow and expand throughout all of it. There are challenging years ahead for all of us, in terms of what's going on with the climate, etc., but even in the face of darkness, we shall dance. 

“We shed as we pick up, like travellers who must carry everything in their arms, and what we let fall will be picked up by those behind. The procession is very long and life is very short. We die on the march. but there is nothing outside the march so nothing can be lost to it.”
― Tom Stoppard, Arcadia

No comments:

Post a Comment