Sunday, August 5, 2012

I'm noticing something really thrilling about myself this week... It seems I am no longer swayed by other people's realities. In the past, when I got bullied or somebody tried to push me against the wall, I would promptly lose my center and even agree with the aggressor. Now, I'm beginning to be rooted in what's actually real and accurate. Yes, I still have moments when I let bullies get their foot in the door, but my experience is that now I'm quickly able to smash that foot with the frickin' door. Perhaps one day soon, I will learn to not even answer the knock.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”
― Philip K. Dick

1 comment:

  1. It sounds wonderful that you now feel more powerful and know that being true to yourself is the one voice that you may not always hear the loudest but is always there. I always felt bullies only push their way when they themselves do not understand it or believe it themselves. Have a wonderful Sudnay! Xx

    ReplyDelete