Friday, May 25, 2012

It is a strange phenomenon, a peculiar mechanism in my head... I notice that one of the harder things for me to deal with is good news. When great opportunities arise, I immediately start expecting the bus that will run me over, which kinda destroys the good news doesn't it?

In the past, many of the triumphs in my life have been followed by minor or major disasters.. This is where I learned to expect the worst whenever great opportunities arose, to the point where now great news has come to equal bad news in my subconscious, and even my conscious mind. But the fact of the matter is, good news and great opportunity really are just that: good news and great opportunity!

Here's what Thomas A. Edison says about opportunity:

"The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work."

In my case, the hard work will entail rewiring my brain to expect a positive outcome instead of a negative one. It will entail reclaiming a sense of enjoyment and wonder that I have lost along the way in feelings of uncertainty, inferiority... Breaking old unhelpful associations and creating fresh new ones. In this case, one opportunity comes laced with many opportunities for growth. Well, that sounds like adventure to me..! And I wouldn't want my life to be any other way. Bring it on, motherfuckers!

"The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity."
- Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment